Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Reindeer's Pajamas

 We have a very BIG Rudolf fan in our family.  For the last 5 years, nearly every night at bedtime, we sing "Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer."  Bouncing Boy's favorite "pet" is none other than a beanie reindeer named, you guessed it... Rudolf.  Rudolf has gone everywhere with the family, and dutifully kept the peace at bedtime for most of Bouncing Boy's life.  Last year, there was a request for Rudolf pajamas that I ignored.  Monkey had pajamas and I was running behind on getting all my holiday projects finished so I did not make reindeer pajamas.  This year it occurred to me, someday I will no longer hear requests for things like Mommy-made Rudolf pajamas....so this year Rudolf got his pajamas.  Turns out taking time for the seemingly silly requests makes for one really happy Boy and his reindeer. 




I hope all of your Holidays are filled with love and laughter.   

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mama to do something so special as making Rudolph a pair of pjs. You are exactly right, time is limited for such request from your little ones and to honor them is a privilege. Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete