Friday, October 14, 2011

More Happy Little Fairies

Yesterday marked the conclusion of a two-part fairy wings and tutu class, and just in time for Halloween.  I am so excited about the creativity my students brought to the class!  We had a very small class, but one of my favorite classes of all time.  It is always my goal to encourage students to use their creativity.  For the class, I provided outlines of 3 wing patterns from last year, plus the two new ones I created for this year, as a starting place for students.  This year I had one student create her own wing pattern, another alter existing wings, and 2 more students use existing wing patterns, but paint them in very creative ways.  These ladies all get gold stars for creativity and super cute one-of-a-kind Halloween costumes!
Class began by choosing or creating wing shapes, and then we moved on to painting.
One student created a bat wing pattern.  She had a great beginning, but was unable to attend the second class.  I really hope I get the chance to see the project finished!

After the wings were painted students made no-sew tutus using a method that yours truly created to avoid the tangled, rolled up mess that can sometimes accompany making no-sew tutus.   

Once the tutus were finished, students finished and embellished their wings. 

These wings and tutu were designed to go with a pig hat, which I think will be absolutely adorable, and super fun!

I love the boldness of these wings and the sunflowers make the perfect accents!
These lovely tri-colored wings and tutu were designed to go with a Tinker Bell costume.  This student so enjoyed making wings, that she plans to make another pair for her upcoming wedding!

Thanks for the inspiring class! Those are some lucky kiddos! 

If you are interested in making your own fairy wings and tutu, this pattern with a full set of illustrated, detailed instructions is available on Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. I have my fingers crossed for nice weather on the 31st so I can see these fairies toddling around. Nice, Daisey.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see them, too! I want pictures at least!

    ReplyDelete